Event Manager (m/w/d)
Zeitraum: ab November
Positionsebene: mit Berufserfahrung
Mindestgehalt: Jahresbruttogehalt € 38.920,-
Bewerbungsfrist: 15. 09. 2021
Jobs für Weltverbesserer*innen.
Auf einen Blick:
Event Manager (m/w/d)
The Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (IMBA) and the Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology (GMI) were both founded by the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW). The aim of GMI is to provide excellence in plant molecular biology – therefore it is the only international center for basic plant research in Austria and one of the very few throughout the world. IMBA – Institute of Molecular Biotechnology is one of the leading biomedical research institutes in Europe focusing on cutting-edge functional genomics and stem cell technologies. Both institutes are located at the Vienna BioCenter, a dynamic cluster of research institutes, universities, and biotech companies. The working language is English. Our multilingual team of the IMBA/GMI Communications & Partnership Department is looking for a creative Event Manager who plans and organises events that enthuses distinct groups of society for science.
The successful candidate knows how to design impactful activities that are fun and educative at the same time. You are well connected to suppliers and collaborators in the related fields. You wisely handle taxpayers‘ money, ensure events are successful and cost-effective, and pay attention to budget and time constraints.
You are an experienced project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. We seek an enthusiastic, creative candidate with fresh ideas and the organisational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
Event Manager (m/w/d) - 40 Wochenstunden
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Prepare and monitor budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate in-house and external collaborators
- Develop & execute communication strategy
- Evaluate the event’s success and prepare reports
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of professional experience
- Excellent written and spoken English and German
- Outstanding communication skills, especially in an international environment
- Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritize tasks
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Additional skills related to the broad scope of communications will be an asset
In addition to the above responsibilities the following is welcomed
- Experience in internal communication
- Experience in storytelling
- Experience in digital marketing
- Interest in communicating Equity, Diversity and Inclusion aspects in the workplace
- Interest in communicating the environmental efforts of the Vienna BioCenter
IMBA is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. The institute provides a vibrant, exciting, and international work environment. We initially offer a 1-year, full-time (40hrs) contract with the possibility of extension with a competitive salary (minimum annual salary according to collective agreement € 38.920, -) and benefits appropriate for an international research organization. Subsidized child-care facilities are available at the Vienna BioCenter as well as other attractive benefits such as training and further education, Jobticket, and an in-house cafeteria. Planned starting date: 1.11.2021.
If you are interested, please submit your application only online (CV, cover letter, certificates). Applications are welcome from all nationalities. Application deadline: 15.9.2021.
Don’t hesitate to contact the Head of Communications & Partnerships, Dr. Petra Nieckchen, for further details either through the application system or by phone: https://www.oeaw.ac.at/imba/about-imba/contact .
Dr. Petra Nieckchen
Head of Communications & Partnerships