External Relations Officer
Central European University (CEU)
Duties and responsibilities:
- To inform and support the establishment and growth of short- and long-term fundraising activities for CEU Vienna as a member of CEU's global development team
- To support the public visibility of CEU Vienna by organizing events and preparing meetings with relevant actors (in science, tertiary education and government, as well as with potential funders)
- To support CEU's media and communication strategy by helping achieve overall organizational objectives; engaging effectively with stakeholders; and demonstrating the impact of CEU research
- Experience (5+ years) of successful fundraising, philanthropy and/or business development activities in Vienna/Austria
- Solid knowledge of key funding actors and regulatory framework in Austria
- Event planning experience (ranging from small workshops to international conferences, minimum 10 events per annum)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in the field of science communication tools and networks
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues at all levels within a complex organization
- Familiarity with Viennese/Austrian media landscape
- Fluency in English and German
- Proficiency in MS Office applications required; familiarity with Raiser's Edge and InDesign preferred
- Experience with budget management
- Solid knowledge about the Austrian system and the ability to precisely draft briefing notes/material for meetings with relevant actors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of matrix reporting to colleagues and supervising bodies
- Reliable self-starter with ability to handle requests in a fast-paced environment and deliver results on time
- Experience in the higher education, scientific research, NGO or charity sectors highly desirable
Central European University (CEU) seeks a highly motivated External Relations Officer to join the inaugural staff of its new campus in Vienna, Austria. The incumbent will work closely with partners across the University to establish and build CEU's profile and funding in Vienna and across Austria. The incumbent will develop a robust program to identify and engage with potential funders and influencers; establish working-level contact with appropriate government ministries; support the University's communications strategy; and design and implement a series of strategic events.
This position is an initial one-year appointment, with possibility for renewal. During the 2019-20 launch year, the post will have a matrix management structure with joint reporting lines to the Vienna Campus Director and the Vice President for Development. The incumbent will also work closely with the President and Rector, rectorate staff and the Director of Communications. This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-career external relations specialist to be part of a dynamic international team and support the launch of a world-class private university in Vienna.
Application deadline date: June 17, 2019
Starting date: September 1, 2019
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment.
Applicants need to submit:
- Cover letter
- Contact information of three references
Please send your complete application package to:
firstname.lastname@example.org including job code in subject line: 2019/032
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English.
For more information, please visit www.ceu.edu
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. We collect, use, and store your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation. To learn more about how we manage your personal data during the recruitment process, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ceu.edu/recruitment-privacy-notice
Central European University (CEU)
(Bitte geben Sie bei der Bewerbung "FVA-Jobbörse" als Referenz an!)