Digital Fundraiser, International
Purpose of Role
The Digital Fundraiser is responsible for the development and delivery of a digital strategy surrounding the planning, execution, and evaluation of all digital aspects of the FOUR PAWS International Fundraising programme, in line with the organisation’s Fundraising and mobilisation strategies, to support the growth of the annual fundraising revenue and to meet acquisition targets.
- Working with the Fundraising team to deliver campaigns for donor recruitment and donor development by employing multiple digital platforms throughout the year, including Email Marketing, Social Media and Online Advertising;
- Day-to-day management of all digital aspects of the Fundraising programme;
- Being part of a team developing and implementing a digital strategy;
- Designing and producing clear, actionable digital evaluation reports and undertaking ROI analysis;
- Identifying, sharing and driving A/B and multivariate testing;
- Working with staff and vendors to optimize fundraising processes;
- Managing Google Adwords account and developing a strategy for effective use of Google Adwords Grant, Pay Per Click advertising and Search Engine Optimisation;
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of current and emerging digital/fundraising tactics and trends;
- Networking with other relevant organizations and actively participating in key digital/fundraising communities;
- Remaining well informed on animal welfare issues and FOUR PAWS’ activities through interaction with the Programmes and Communications departments;
- Providing support to other upcoming projects if needed.
- Minimum 3-year proven track record developing online marketing campaigns (Google Adwords, Facebook Ads);
- Experience within the non-for-profit sector is desirable, but not essential.
Skills and Competencies
- Creative digital native with project management skills;
- Focused on performance, capable to generate as much leads and supporters as possible for the most competitive price;
- Experience converting leads into new donors;
- Sound creative skills, capable to translate a story about a rescue operation to online campaigns and e-mail appeals;
- A strong online campaigner, with sound knowledge of which online channels are needed to generate traffic and conversions for a good price;
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Collaborative management style, highly organized, outcomes/solutions focused.
- Sensitive to social and cultural issues;
- Strong affinity with animal welfare related matters.
- Excellent communications skills in English and German required: written, oral and presentation.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, ideally but not exclusively in one of the following disciplines: New Media & Digital Culture, Online Marketing, Communications.
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment within a motivated team;
- A fully integrated and respectful partnership within an international organization;
- An attractive working place with technically advanced infrastructure;
- Work experience in Headquarters of an international organization;
- Local and international career development opportunities.
FOUR PAWS is an international animal welfare charity. Our vision is a world where humans treat animals with respect, empathy and understanding. Our mission is to be the strong, global and independent voice for animals under human control.
What we do:
- Creating sustainable solutions for animals in need;
- Touching hearts, changing consumer behavior;
- Driving legal changes;
- Building powerful partnerships.
Our national and international aid projects bring rapid and direct assistance to animals in distress. Where necessary, we create habitats satisfying the animals’ needs, such as our bear sanctuaries or the Lionsrock big cat sanctuary in South Africa.
Our campaigns and public information work aim to inform people about animal suffering and to bring about long-term, legally-based improvements for farm and commercial animals, pets and wild animals in captivity. Regarding farm animals, we chiefly work for species-appropriate keeping conditions that foster the animals’ well-being. We also campaign for an European ban on fur farming and strict curbs on the private ownership of wild animals.
FOUR PAWS was founded in Vienna (Austria) in 1988. The headquarters of the umbrella organization FOUR PAWS International and the Austrian country office are located there. FOUR PAWS has also offices in: Australia, Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, the Netherlands, Romania, Switzerland, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States of America, along with an office for political lobbying in Brussels (Belgium).
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the role along with your CV/resume in English in strict confidence BY EMAIL ONLY and in MS Word or pdf format, to Isabel Leal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No documents other than those requested will be accepted at this stage.
CVs with photos will not be accepted in any case.
Ensure that the documents are sent with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please state "Four Paws – Digital Fundraiser, International” in the email subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday April 30th 2017, 18.00 GMT
(Bitte geben Sie bei der Bewerbung "FVA-Jobbörse" als Referenz an!)